Wednesday 13 November 2013

Gov. Chime's wife leave Government house, says she'll never return again


When contacted, the state Commissioner for Information, Mr. Chuks Ugwuoke, said he just returned from Lagos and was not aware.

Governor Chime had himself hinted that the Saturday meeting would determine whether Clara would be asked to go to her parents where she would have unlimited freedom or remain at the Government House and be restricted in accordance with the advice of the neuron-psychiatric doctor treating her. Mrs Clara Chime, on Monday left the Enugu State Government House and was handed over to her mother at Coal City Garden Estate,
Enugu. Mrs Clara said she had been under pressure to remain as wife of the Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime, lamenting that she would have left the marriage during the period Chime was sick but remained on "very compassionate grounds."
According to her, it was apparent that Chime no longer wanted the marriage, but her family would not let her go for financial reasons, insisted she stayed put.
A family source who pleaded anonymity said that Chime had long lost interest in the marriage but held forth because he (Chime) didn't want his image stained as a serving Governor and a public figure.
"So there was no need joining other family members into forcing her to remain in a marriage that he (the governor) was no longer interested in," said the source.
He said, "Governor Sullivan Chime just wanted to keep her within the lodge for fear that she could open up on certain things she knew about him if she was allowed to leave unceremoniously."
When the source eventually brought Mrs. Chime on the phone to speak with our correspondent, she said, "I regained my freedom to move around on Saturday and I eventually forced my way out of that place (Government House) on Monday."
 
She said, "I am not the one who is sick, but I became sick because of the way I was treated. There are some things people would do to you that make you sick or even die."
"After treating myself, I will never go back there again. I will not even wish my enemy to marry in that kind of place again."
"I have been away in Lagos and cannot speak on anything I don't know of, especially when it is a family matter. I will call you as soon as I am briefed," Ugwuoke said.
Meanwhile, the leader of traditional rulers in Amuda, the native town of Mrs Clara Chime, Igwe Bob Ogbenna, has kicked against the ill-treatment against their daughter.
He disclosed that the traditional rulers in the area have concluded arrangement to meet with Governor Chime over the development.
He insisted that the way their daughter was treated was not how to dissolve a marriage that produced a son.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment